C A L L F O R P A P E R S
Student Symposium and Workshops at
HiPC-08: International Conference on High Performance Computing
Dec 17-20, 2008 Bangalore, India
HiPC is an international meeting on high performance computing. It serves as a forum to present current work by researchers from around the world as well as highlight activities in Asia in the high performance computing area. The meeting focuses on all aspects of high performance computing systems and their scientific, engineering, and commercial applications.
|Topics of interest include but are not limited to:|
|Parallel and Distributed Computing/Algorithms|
|Languages and Programming Environments|
|Load Balancing, Scheduling and Resource Management|
|Fault-Tolerant Algorithms and Systems|
|Scientific/Engineering/Commercial Applications and Workloads|
|Cluster and Grid Computing|
|Peer-to-peer Algorithms and Networks|
|Wireless and Mobile Computing|
|Communication/Sensor Networks and Embedded Applications|
|Emerging Computer Architectures|
|Scalable Servers and Systems|
|Power-Efficient and Reconfigurable Architectures|
|Compiler Technologies for High-Performance Computing|
|Operating Systems for Scalable High-Performance Computing|
|Performance Evaluation and Analysis|
|High-Performance Computing for Biology and Medicine
STUDENT RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
HiPC 2008 will feature the first student research symposium on High
Performance Computing (HPC) aimed at stimulating and fostering
student research, and providing an international forum to highlight
student research accomplishments. The symposium will also expose
students to the best practices in HPC in academia and industry. The
one-day symposium will feature brief presentations by student
authors on their research, followed by a poster exhibit. Short
invited talks by leading HPC researchers/practitioners will be
included in the program. The symposium reception will provide an
opportunity for students to interact with HPC researchers and
practitioners (and recruiters) from academia and industry. To be
considered, students should submit a 5 page extended abstract of
* August 15, 2008 – Student Symposium submissions open.
* September 15, 2008 – Student Symposium submissions due.
* Submission procedures will be available at the Student Symposium web
site after August 15, 2008.
* See www.hipc.org/hipc2008/studentsymposium.htm for details.
WORKSHOPS — PAPER SUBMISSION IS OPEN
* Five workshops are co-located with HiPC 2008:
– Workshop on Grid and Utility Computing
– Workshop on Service-Oriented Engineering and Optimizations
– Workshop on Next Generation Wireless Networks
– Workshop on Advanced Memory Technologies for HPC Systems
– Workshop on High Performance FPGA/Reconfigurable Computing
* Paper submissions for the workshops are open.
* Please submit your papers to the respective workshops chairs
* See www.hipc.org/hipc2008/workshops.htm for details.